This melting kit is ideal for use with torch melting methods. Includes the following supplies:
• (1) Pair of 12-1/2" Beaker Flask Crucible Tongs: These tongs are specifically designed to hold either ceramic or graphite foundry crucibles with one hand; easily grasps your crucible with its grooved end.
• (1) 1 Troy Ounce Multi Cavity Gold Rectangular Graphite Ingot Mold: Made from high-density, fine grain graphite with a smooth cavity finish. Typically lasts for 30+ pours! Designed for easy ingot removal with 10 degree tapered sides. Dimensions: Outside: 1/2" x 2-1/2" x 1/2". Inner: .1" Depth x 1.250" x .820" at the bottom.
•(1) Packet of 3 oz Anhydrous Borax: A multi-purpose, high-grade and course casting flux that is often used in melting and refining metals as it aids in lowering the melting points of different minerals so your material melts quicker and is easier to pour. Add it to your melt to help draw out impurities or "slag" for cleaner and more pure material. It acts as cleaning agent, minimizes gold loss in your slag, and helps keep your material liquefied longer. Keeps your metals cleaner during melts and pours and great for seasoning graphite crucibles. Draws out gasses and oxides out of molten metal, such as gold, silver, copper, iron, sterling silver, tin, nickel, and their alloys. Made in the USA.
• (1) 5/16" x 12" Graphite Crucible Stir Rod: High-density, fine grain graphite stir rods are ideal for stirring your molten material during the melting process; ideal for using with your crucibles. *Please note that flux may adhere to the graphite material during mixing. Not recommended for use with platinum.
• (1) 100 Gram 3 oz Ceramic Alumina Crucible Dish: These ceramic crucibles are great for those who are using a torch method to melt down their materials. They are designed with tapered sides and a pour spout for easy material removal, and suitable for melting precious metals (gold, silver, bronze, copper, brass, etc.) in temperatures up to 2800°F. Holds up to 3 oz of pure gold; other metal capacities will vary. Dimensions: Outer Diameter: 56 mm x 56 mm.
• (1) 250 Gram Ceramic Alumina Crucible Dish: Ceramic crucibles are great for those who are using a torch method to melt their material. They are designed with tapered sides and a pour spout for easy material removal, and suitable for melting precious metals (gold, silver, bronze, copper, brass, etc.) in temperatures up to 2800°F. Holds up to 3 oz of pure gold. Dimensions: Outer Diameter: 79 mm x 36 mm.