This convenient set includes one of each of the following: 10K, 14K, 18K, 22K, silver, and platinum testing acid bottles (12 grams each). They come in sturdy plastic bottles with an internal baffle in order to prevent leaks and to maximize safety. Plus, it allows the user to precisely only use the drop the amount needed; so you will get hundreds of tests out of each bottle! Each bottle contains 12 grams of solution. Avoid ingestion, and contact with skin and eyes.
• Scratch or rub the metal you are testing onto the stone; hard enough to make a visible streak or mark onto the stone.
• You may also shave the metal you are testing, and use the shavings to test onto the stone.
• Place half a drop of the closest acid to the karat you estimate the metal to be, onto the gold that rubbed off onto the testing stone.
• If the acid dissolves the metal, the metal is less than the karat that is displayed on the bottle. You should try again with a lower level acid.
• If it dissolves the metal slowly, it is possible that your material is gold, just not as pure as the karat rating on the bottle.
• If the metal stays and does not dissolve, it is at least the karat of the acid in the bottle.
• Silver Results: 90%-100% = Dark Red; 80%-90% = Light Red or Brown; 65%-75% = Light Green. Creamy white results will indicate that the item is sterling silver. Green results indicate that the item is silver-plated.
|Lead Time||In Stock|